I'm currently compiling a list of things not to say to a crying female:
1) I don't want to talk about it.
2) I've told you twice. I'm not telling you again.
3) I still don't understand why that's worth crying over.
4) What, is it that time of the month?
5) Would it be possible for you to cry somewhere else?
6) Oh god, don't cry. I'm going to get all turned on now.
7) I was going to yell at you for something, but I forgot what it was. Looks like your boss took care of it.
I started making this list earlier today when I was doing really, really menial tasks at work. Apparently my wandering mind turns misogynistic on its own.